Thursday, May 28, 2009

A New Beginning

My name is Nick Kaufman.  I'm 23 years old, and will be a senior in the fall.  Several unfortunate circumstances led me to this class, as it will be my second time taking it, and for whom I have no one to blame but myself.  I really hope to do a 180 this time around, and with the right material I believe I will really be able to excel.  Though initially I can sometimes be shy around those I don't know, the interviews I have done for previous stories have helped to overcome that.  When open, my personality would likely be described as anything but shy.  I say what I think, even when it is going to get me in trouble, which is something I personally pride myself on.  My main goal for this class, besides passing, is to really show what I can do with effort and determination, and walk away knowing that I did my best, and that at least once I made someone look at something from another perspective or think about something more than they have before, even if the thought is fleeting.

2 comments:

Melany said...

I totally understand your situation! Good luck this time around!!!

Allie Kern said...

Good luck, and don't worry, I think a lot of us have been right where you are.